A manufacturer of tooling for the metals and recycling industry is looking to hire a Manufacturing Project Engineer to work onsite at their Pittsburgh location. Due to an increase in client orders and new business, this is an expansion role.
The Manufacturing Engineer will report to the VP for Technology & Quality, and will be responsible for:
- Working directly with inside sales, manufacturing, and procurement teams to develop technical details, materials selection and processing, in order to facilitate cost effective production and delivery.
- Investigate customer complaints related to manufacturing specifications and manufacturing capabilities
- Assist with developing innovations in product design, manufacturing, materials, and materials processing in support of product and process improvement.
- Resolve engineering and technical issues in areas of customer applications, material selection, and manufacturing capabilities
- Minimum of 7 years of mechanical / manufacturing engineering experience, preferably with metal fabrication experience
- Experience leading projects and teams to solve problems and improve design and manufacturing
- Previous involvement with metals producers and/or metals processors is desirable
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute multiple assignments simultaneously
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy of drawings, specifications, data, and communication
- History of successful day-to-day problem solving and longer term business and manufacturing system improvements
Cori SwidorskySarammi Recruiting and Headhunting Services