The VP of Global Operations will report directly to the President and operations include global manufacturing, global sourcing and supply chain, materials management, order services, manufacturing engineering, production planning, quality control, environmental & safety compliance.
- Work closely with the President and Senior Management Team, providing ongoing senior level reporting, making recommendations/presentations as appropriate to ensure everyone is up-to-speed on all manufacturing matters and in agreement with operational focus and direction.
- Develop and implement a global sourcing strategy to meet the changing, global needs of the organization, encompassing both national and international sourcing and contract manufacturing, embracing leading sourcing management practices and technologies.
- Lead and manage effectively in a union environment ensuring strong, ongoing relationships, creating a productive work environment
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering preferred; advanced degree a plus.
- 5- 7 years overall leadership of a manufacturing organization required (preferably in the metals space but not required); global manufacturing experience desired; experience in a job shop manufacturing environment helpful. Integrated Planning Systems knowledge strongly desired.
- Significant union manufacturing environment management experience required; contract negotiation experience desired.
- Lean/Six Sigma/Process improvement experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Global sourcing experience highly desired; sourcing experience required; contract negotiation/management; global sourcing optimization experience desired.
- Project management experience required.
- Must be able to travel to meet the requirements of the position, which may change year-to-year, and will include international travel.
For more contact Cori Swidorsky: email@example.com